How to Not Waste your Last 90 Days
With 2019 almost a wrap and 2020 right around the corner, it's time to take a look at what we've accomplished the last 9 months. What hasn't been accomplished that you would like to check off of that "to-do" list? Will you waste your last 90 days or will you "thrive?" That choice is honestly up to you!
90 days is still plenty of time to accomplish many goals whether that be financial, health & wellness, building relationships, spending more time in your faith, etc. Once October hits (my favorite month due to Halloween) I begin taking a mental checklist over what our team has been able to accomplish and what some of our failures were so we know how to adjust and begin the new year strong. This is when my wife shared with me the "5 to Thrive" list.
Developed by Rachel Hollis, bestselling author and business leader; the 5 to Thrive list is a list of 5 habits Rachel lives by while encouraging others to live by as well. For most that have never even considered listing out goals to accomplish in the last 90 days of the year, this is probably a great place to start.
It takes a lot of courage to write out a goals list. Many never do simply do to the fear of failure. But, I encourage everyone to challenge themselves by writing out 3-5 goals to accomplish by December 31st. Remember, challenges bring growth!
What I've personally done and seen success in the last few years is to develop a goals list broken up into the 5 main categories of life. Those are health and fitness, faith, relationships, finances and career development.
1. Health & Fitness - this can be anywhere from the obvious physical improvements you'd like to make all the way to improvements in mental health.
2. Faith - what kind of spiritual progress would you like to make? Memorizing scripture, spending more time in the Bible or in prayer each morning, finding a local church or small group? Everything begins and ends with how steady you are in your spiritual life.
3. Relationships - this includes family, friends, colleagues, etc. Basically anyone you are spending the most hours with in your week. Who would you like to spend more time with and/or develop a deeper connection with?
4. Finances - how can your financial life improve in the next 90 days? Pay off some debt, put more money away into investments? What do you need to do to set yourself up for success in 2020?
5. Career - what can you do within your job or entrepreneurial activities to progress forward? Can you make those important networking events, can you make another sales call?
Yes, the final quarter of the year should be about creating memories with loved ones and enjoying the various fall and winter breaks with each other but that doesn't mean we throw everything else out the window. Smile, laugh and love one another but don't forget to work hard as well so you don't waste these last 90 days. You have no business to complain about anything if you aren't willing to put in the work necessary to change your circumstances. Now, let's get to work!
"Coach Taz" aka Taylor Rodriguez is owner and head coach of Taz Fitness & Nutrition. He is a Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach located in Deltona, FL that coaches individuals online and in person. Taylor was a former partying pro wrestler turned fitness enthusiast after the economic downturn of 2008-2010. After losing almost 70 lbs, his new passion is to help struggling individuals find a new confidence within themselves to achieve any goal that they see possible. To begin coaching with Taylor or to request a free consultation, contact us today.
Follow us on social media: